Covid – 19 Resources


8455 Colesville Rd., Suite 1080
Silver Spring, MD 20910

301-608-3703 (P) 301-608-3735 (F)

Dear Delwin Realty LLC Residents

Delwin Realty is here to help! We are committed to providing support and direction to our residents.

Please note important new DC City Council legislation during this Public Health Emergency:

  • No disconnection of electric, gas, and water service for nonpayment during a public health emergency.
  • No evictions during a public health emergency.
  • No late fees during any month that a public health emergency is in effect.

Residents should continue to pay carrying charges, rents, and utilities during the emergency declaration because these fees are not being waived or forgiven. However, if you need to discuss payment arrangements, please send a conversation via the Portal (, email or call 301-608­3703 (x103).

As our country faces the challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to offer you some information on how you can obtain assistance during this crucial time.

If you are working fewer hours or are unemployed due to covid-19, you can apply for unemployment benefits, and if you are not able to pay your full rent or carrying charges and you become over 30 days delinquent, you may be eligible for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).

1.Unemployment benefits. Apply in the state where your job is or was located. Also, for the first time, self-employed individuals may apply for unemployment benefits due to covid-19 emergency legislation:

a. DC: Go to OR call (202) 724-7000 or Toll Free 1 (877) 319-7346. Dept of Employment Services (DOES) is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 4:30pm and the website says: “Please call during non-peak hours—weekdays after 5 pm and all-day Saturday via the automated line. Due to heavy call volume, if you call during peak hours, please be prepared for extended hold times.”

b. MD: Go to Beginning Wednesday, April 1st, 2020, the Claims Centers telephone lines will be further extended and open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. To contact a Claim Center, call 410-949­0022.

2. Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). This DC program is available to income-qualified renters (below 125% of the federal poverty level) who are more than 30 days delinquent. Terminated co-op members (renters) may also apply, after the resident’s membership has been terminated by the co-op due to non-payment (the termination process is described in the co-op’s bylaws). You do NOT need to have received a Writ (an eviction notice) to apply for this program. See attached brochure. One of the organizations listed on pg. 2 is Housing Counseling Services (HCS), (202) 667­7006. HCS is taking ERAP applications. If you need assistance, 2020 ERAP funds are first come, first served, and may run out in June 2020.

All Areas Resource:

United Way has a COVID-19 Community Relief Fund.

  • Potential Assistance: Help with bills, rent, and food.
  • Provide your zip code. You will be given a list of local agencies who can aid.
  • Contact info:
  • DC Area: Call 202-488-2000 and/or
  • Maryland: Call 211 and/or

MD Area Resources:

Maryland Tax Credit Program

  • Potential Assistance: The Renters’ Tax Credit Program provides property tax credits for renters who meet certain requirements. It’s a program for low-income renters to help with the cost of rent in Maryland.

The program provides financial assistance of up to $1,000 per year (that’s $83.33 per month!) for tenants to use towards their rent.

  • Call: 443-961-0220


DC Area Resources:

Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP): See flyer

  • ERAP is only available to renters.
  • Applicant’s income must be below 125% of the federal poverty level according to household size.
  • ERAP grants are $4,250 ($6,000 if someone in the household is disabled or 7+ children in the household).
  • Resident must be at least 30 days delinquent to apply – so, if a resident is unable to pay their April rent, they can apply for ERAP at the beginning of May.
  • No writ (eviction notice) is required to apply.
  • The Agency will ask applicant to provide documentation showing that the applicant is taking actions to regain income – for example, the applicant can show they are receiving unemployment payments, have a job that will be starting again, and/or show that they have applied for multiple jobs.

Financial Support:

Food Service Workers

Ward 4 Mutual Aid Group: get groceries and medicine delivered: (202) 681-3098


Free Meal Projects for Families with Minors

DC K12 Meal Finder

DC Food Project – Emergency Food Access

ALL DMV – 18 & Younger

Fairfax Meals – 18 & Younger

Howard County Meals – 18 & under

Affordable Community Kitchens (Takeaway) by Jose Andres

Hook Hall Care Kits – shelf-stable groceries

‘Kids Eat Free’

Food Banks

Capital Area Food Bank

  • Pop-up pantries – Tuesday 4pm-7pm
  • Giant @ 6000 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, MD
  • Giant @ 7074 Allentown Rd, Camp Spring, MD
  • Giant @ Campus Way South, Kettering, MD
  • More DC/VA locations coming soon

Food Delivery for Homebound (please see ‘Mutual Aid’ as well)

Free Meals and Soup Kitchens

We will continue to provide any information that we come across. Please make sure your contact information (i.e. email and phone #) are up to date on